Security cameras are a great way to add additional security to your home or commercial property. With so many options, trying to decide on the right camera for you can be a challenge! This page provides information about the security camera brands we carry to help you decide what camera is best for your needs. Contact the experts at Jay360 today for more information on home and commercial security!
Looking for more information on home or commercial security?
Security Camera Brands We Carry
Can’t decide on a security camera? See our brand overview below to get a better understanding of each brand’s strengths!
Sony Security Cameras
Sony is a well-known brand across the world and offers many security camera and video surveillance options. On Sony’s website, you can choose from a host of video security products including IP security cameras, encoders, network video recorders, network video management software, and other accessories.
Main Strength: Sony offers a wide variety of cameras, from IP cameras to heavy-duty outdoor cameras used on commercial lots. With Sony, it is likely you will be able to find the camera that’s right for your needs.
VIVOTEK Security Cameras
VIVOTEK Logo retrieved from VIVOTEK.com
VIVOTEK is a relatively new tech company, founded in 2000, but is already making waves in the security world. They offer a wide variety of network security cameras. Some of their cameras have unique designs that may or may not be preferable to potential buyers. Because of the vast array of options, it’s easy to find a camera that’s right for you, your property, and your family.
Main Strength: Many of VIVOTEK’s cameras are on the lower end when it comes to prices, which can be a make or break depending on your budget! Even though many of their cameras cost less than the competition, it seems that quality is not sacrificed. They still receive generally favourable reviews online.
FLIR Security Cameras
FLIR Logo retrieved from FLIRmedia.com
FLIR specializes in many different technologies, from virtual realities systems to marine electronics to at-home security cameras. FLIR also offers a wide range of cameras for both residential and commercial properties. Within those categories, they also offer cameras for various sizes of properties, ensuring you end up with a camera that suits all of your needs and preferences.
Main Strength: Unlike many other camera manufacturers, FLIR provides something very different: thermal security. If you’re looking for more serious and complete protection, one of FLIR’s thermal imaging cameras might be the right choice for you!
How To Choose A Security Camera
Here are some factors to consider before purchasing a security camera or security system.
- Home or residential property: Security cameras vary depending on industrial/commercial use and residential use. Narrowing down the location for your camera will help you find the one that’s best for you.
- Indoor or outdoor: Do need indoor security cameras? Outdoor cameras? Both? Some cameras can be used both indoors and outdoors, but some are not made for harsh outdoor conditions.
- Lighting conditions: How much lighting will there be where your cameras will be placed? Some cameras have the capacity for dark lighting conditions and even night-vision. Others do not. Knowing the potential lighting conditions ahead of time will help you select the right camera.
- Do you need audio: Is audio important to you? Do you think you’ll get more use out of your cameras if you buy one with audio capabilities? Many cameras come with two-way or one-way audio. Deciding on your audio preference will help narrow down your choices.
- Work with experienced installers: If you’re having trouble figuring out which camera is right for you, don’t hesitate to work with the experts! An experienced installer will be able to help you figure out the best security solutions for you and help you install it!
Security Camera Benefits
Why buy a security camera? Is it even worth it? There are many benefits to having a security camera on your home or commercial property. Here are a few reasons why security cameras may be right for you!
- Prevents break-ins: Most burglars choose the easiest house in a neighborhood. They want to go in and out as quickly and easily as possible without worrying about getting caught. Having a surveillance camera on your property will likely deter burglars from choosing your home.
- Provides evidence (in case of a break-in): If your home happens to fall victim to a burglary, your surveillance cameras can provide evidence to the police and potentially help catch the burglar before anyone else becomes a victim – or before you become a repeat victim.
- Provides peace of mind: If you are away often and tend to worry about your home or property, a surveillance camera and/or security system can help give you much-needed peace of mind.
- Helps prevent fires and gas problems: Many people choose to set up an entire security system along with their new cameras. If you do choose to go this route, your new security system may have built in smoke alarms and gas detection, providing more security and safety for your home and your family.
Jay360 Has Security Cameras Covered!
There are many more factors to consider when choosing a security camera. Jay 360 continues to help clients ensure their premise security, looking at all the different angles to provide you with peace of mind and comfort.
At Jay360 we care about accommodating you! We have a wide range of meeting times and can meet from 11am – 7pm on weekdays to accomdate your schedule and needs!
You can rely on the knowledge and experience of Jay360 to provide you with the best home security solutions. We will recommend only the security products that meet your specific needs and budget.
Call on Jay360 to help you to plan the ideal security camera system to suit you and your needs, all at the very best value.
Want to learn more about security cameras?
Check out our Ultimate Guide to Surveillance Cameras here!